THX 1138

Posted By Doncrack On 12:22 AM Under , ,

Written and directed by George Lucas and starring Robert Duvall and Donald Pleasence. This film is about a futuristic society where individuality is outlawed, and people have their emotions supressed by drugs. Then two people rebel against it.

This is the only George Lucas film I've never seen, and I have to say, it was really good. Not comparing it to the "Star Wars" film, this is one of the most innovative sci-fi stories I've ever seen. It's so simplistic in it's style (except for a few enhanced digital effects added later), which makes it sort of dream like.

I have to say I did like this one a little bit more than "American Graffiti" mostly because I'd rather watch a sci-fi film than a movie about a group of kids in the 50's. The one thing I was disappointed about is that I couldn't find Sid Haig. I loved him in "House of 1,000 Corpses" and "The Devil's Rejects," and I couldn't spot him in this movie. So that was a little disappointing.

Rating: 9/10

For more information visit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066434/

Post a Comment

 
Copyright @ 2008-2010 Movies Center | Movie Center | Powered by Blogger Theme by Donkrax