The Box (2009)

Posted By Doncrack On 2:52 PM Under

Based on the Richard Matheson short story "Button, Button," this movie is about a couple that is given an offer to push a button and receive $1,000,000. The catch is that someone in the world will die as a result. This stars Cameron Diaz, James Marsden, and Frank Langella.

Richard Matheson is a fantastic writer. I loved the book "I Am Legend," but not the movie so much. I haven't read the short story this is based on, but I love this movie. I would kind of describe it as a cross between "Saw" and "2001: A Space Odyssey." It's kind of like "Saw" because they kind of take the idea of "appreciating life," and it takes some story elements and style from "2001."

Richard Kelly is a great director. He's kind of a modern day Stanley Kubrick. His style is reminiscent of Kubrick's. So I definitely recommend checking this out. I really wish they would have got Kelly to do "I Am Legend," he probably would have got the story right.

Rating: 9/10

For more information visit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362478/

Post a Comment

 
Copyright @ 2008-2010 Movies Center | Movie Center | Powered by Blogger Theme by Donkrax